Tuesday, October 20, 2020

A Brief Interlude: Marvel Puzzle Quest

 A match three RPG using characters from across all the Marvel universes? That could be either a total disaster or addictive fun. Addictive fun won that battle.

I downloaded Marvel Puzzle Quest to my phone and Kindle about three years ago. I have played every day since. For a free game, this is probably the most addictive one on the market if you are a comic book person. I should note, that you can make monetary transactions for items on the game and for VIP status, but you actually don't need to do that in order to do well. I do pay money for the game because I like it that much. People in my alliance pay money, too. Quite a bit, actually. And it's all because the game is so damn fun.

If you like Marvel at all, chances are your favorite character is covered here, some multiple times. I believe it is coming close to the 200 character range, but I could be a bit off on that. New ones are released almost every week, so the list keeps growing. Who are some of the ones in it? Spider-Man. Wolverine. Captain America. Hulk. Black Widow. Elektra. Daredevil. Misty Knight. Emma Frost. Storm. Professor X. Onslaught. Apocalypse. Angel. Squirrel Girl. Spiderwoman. Yondu. M.O.D.O.K.. Wolfsbane. Mr. Fantastic. Legion. Dr. Strange. Magneto. Iron Man. Cyclops. Medusa. Nightcrawler. Devil Dinosaur. The list goes on and on. Some characters have even more than one variant, which can be vexing to some players (myself included), but the company that puts it out, D3 Go!, continues to mine for the lesser-knowns, as well.

If you haven't tried this yet simply because it's a match three game, give it a go. The depth is astonishing. The game play is great, and it is best to remember that when playing this that it isn't a sprint, but a marathon. You will be rewarded for your hard work, too. Perhaps I'll even see you in the Player Vs. Player events. If so, good luck to you. I've got some strong teams, and I love taking out a Kitty, Rocket and Groot, Medusa team on principle alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment