Friday, October 30, 2009

Wii've Come to Play With You


My daughter played the Wii at a friend's house and has expressed a desire to have one. (Honestly, she's expressed a desire to have "every toy made for kids," so I don't know how much she really wants one.) I've had no interest in the system, but there are plenty of people who have told me it is really fun, and I'm starting to think it might be a good investment.

I haven't bought a PS3 for several reasons. Money, lack of exciting games, and lack of backwards compatibility being the main ones. At this point, I see buying a Wii before the PS3, though Gran Turismo is enticing.

If anyone reading this (all two of you) has a Wii and wants to throw in your opinions, feel free. I'd love to get more input before I make a final decision (I'm also considering a PSP for her).

2 comments:

  1. You know I have one and generally love it, but here are the pros and cons as I see them to provide a balanced view.

    Pros
    -Plays Gamecube games and Wii games, there are tons of cheap Gamecube games for kids.

    -The interactivity of it is fun. That's probably the best part, the fact that you're doing more than just pushing buttons on a controller. Not saying that doesn't have oodles of entertainment value in itself, but the Wii lets you do more.


    Cons
    - Comes with one controller. Extra controllers cost a fortune. Maybe they're cheaper now, but it was like $40 for one when we got them.
    - If you want a regular controller for non-interactive games, it's another $20-30. The controller that comes with it is awkward for regular games.

    It's a fun system overall.

    ReplyDelete